In the process of deciding what profession is more appropriate for you in the face of a world where there is a demand for localized modes of services, the first and foremost thing that should be kept in mind is that the translation provided should have accuracy to the original content.
With the increasing demand for such service providers in the market today, it is important to decide which one is more suitable for you according to the series that they demand and the requirements that you possess.
- Who is a translator?
Translators are associated with the profession of translating the services in the form of scripts. It does not require any speaking or instructions that should be given through the spoken language.
Being a translator requires you to be very specific and detailed where even the smallest details should not be missed out. It covers a profession that provides for work in long periods but is very specific and minute in nature.
- Who is an interpreter?
Interpreters are deemed with the interpretation which is done and performed in the spoken language instead of the written languages.
It is most essential and extensively used during live coverage or takes places at the exact same moment, where an interpreter is allotted the task to translate what is being said to the localized language.
- Why you should opt to be a translator?
You should opt to be a translator if your interests include
- Performing tasks that require a long analysis of what has been performed or said through thorough reference and detailed studies.
- Subject matters like current affairs, history and culture which requires not only the mere translation but also a background check that can serve as a base for your research.
- Most of the translation services are done through the usage of various tools like CAT tools and is usually computer assisted.
- Fluency is required but not at the maximum as thorough research extending over long periods of time can help with the translation process though one lacks fluency.
- Why you should opt to be an interpreter?
Being an interpreter requires certain criteria which may include the following:
- Fluency is the local language proves to be very essential. This is because the translation process takes place in live action where you are required to translate and deliver the words fluent at the exact same time.
- Fluency in the spoken language, the natural flow of your speaking, etc., prove to be very essential in the task of being an interpreter.
- Being an interpreter does not require any thorough research like that of a translator.
- Interpreters mostly deal with live coverage, interviews, documentaries, etc.