What is software localization?
Software localization is the process of translating your application or software user interface for your global market.
Translating your content from the source language to the target language isn’t the only aspect of software localization; It is also about making software look and feel natural as if it was created there. This development process is most important for any software company, who is entering the global market. It is the key to being successful in international markets.
Why Do You Need Software Localization?
The purpose of software localization is to generate a user-friendly version of the product that customers can enjoy in their native language and cultural context. Localizing software allows you to take a more global approach to the market.
By developing software in a single language, you could be losing out on an audience in other regions. This important fact will have a significant impact on a product’s success story. So, localizing your software helps to reach the global market.
- Attract global users
- Increase the number of users
- Boost engagement
- Boost user experience
- Better rankings
- Enhances global reach
- Beat the competition
- Brand visibility
- Wider market
- Increase revenue
- Project analysis: Background information on the product, app, or website; Reference (glossaries, vocabularies, and previous translations), page code.
- Evaluation of the source materials: Translation effort, client budget, Estimates project time & deadline. / effort, budget, Estimates time & deadline etc.
- Regional specification: Color schemes, Currency formats, Phone number and address formats, product names, Units of measurement, date and time formats corresponding to your target regions and locales
- Linguistic quality assurance: Spelling mistakes, punctuation, grammatical errors, translation accuracy, presence of text for truncation, cultural use of names, places, and titles
- User Interface testing: Images content translation, pop-ups, and notifications appearances, button-translated text alignment, usage of hyphenation, and line breaks on the pages.
- Functionality testing and verification: Basic functionality tests, hyperlinks, sorting of lists, hot fields, validation of fields, input features, format separation, font, and special character support.
To sum it up, software localization is certainly a big challenge and time-consuming. So nowadays, companies rely on machine translation to do a hack job. But It fails in delivering native translation content for the targeted audience. Public-facing content should always be translated naturally and flawless into the native context of your target market. So it is definitely worth it to build a real and valuable relationship between the service provider or software developer and the user.
If you’re ready to localize your product, our professional translator can help you navigate the process. ActiveLoc has partnered with some largest enterprises worldwide, helping them through our translation process with extensive linguistic testing. Give ActiveLoc a try and build a flawless localization workflow with professional teams.
Mail : [email protected]
Ph : +91 6361045174