French is a language that is spoken in 29 countries, ranking itself as the 18th most spoken language of the world. It is spoken as a native language in countries like France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Tunisia, Canada, etc., among many others.
The language traces its origin to many centuries back, where alternations and word borrowing has also played a massive role in the formation of the French language.
- What are the 29 countries that speaks French as a native language?
It is a language that is considered to the next most spoken language in the world. This is because French as a language is not confirmed to only a sub-continent, but can be found to be spoken all over the world.
Moreover, the 29 countries that speaks French as a native language include:
|ü Belgium||ü Burkina Faso||ü Benin||ü Burundi||ü Cameroon|
|ü Democratic Republic of Congo||ü Djibouti||ü Ivory Coast||ü Chad||ü Canada|
|ü France||ü Guinea||ü Haiti||ü Luxembourg||ü Madagascar|
|ü Senegal||ü Rwanda||ü Niger||ü Monaco||ü Mali|
|ü Seychelles||ü Switzerland||ü Togo||ü Vanuatu|
- French as a widely spoken language
Some of the facts of French as a spoken languages and its origin may be traced back to certain factors. These may include:
- It was first the spoken language of England before it was eventually replaced by the English language during the 14th
- French as a language is spoken by at least 220 million people today. It stands second to English as a language that is spoken by people.
- Most of the phrases and wordings that is found in the English language today has been borrowed or derived from it. This makes up about 30% to 45% of the English vocabulary.
- Not all French dialects are alike. This means that though there are some few thousand French speakers today, their dialects are accents may be completely different to each other.
- Most ancient literature was written in this language. It is the long effort of scholars and translators who has made available these works in a varied number of languages.
French as a language possess many unique features that can leave you amazed. It is a very versatile language and being spoken by a large mass of the population definitely makes it a language that one should opt for the mastery of a second language.
Activeloc Globalization has over 70+ specialized translators, linguists, and advanced translation memory tools & software to help startups and cooperative businesses. Contact Activeloc Translation agency today and make your business reach global heights.
Reach us: +91 6361045174 OR [email protected]