French is a language that is spoken in 29 countries, ranking itself as the 18th most spoken language of the world. French is spoken as a native language in countries like France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Tunisia, Canada, etc., among many others.
French as a language traces its origin to many centuries back, where alternations and word borrowing has also played a massive role in the formation of the French language.
- What are the 29 countries that speaks French as a native language?
French is a language that is considered to the next most spoken language in the world. This is because French as a language is not confirmed to only a sub-continent, but can be found to be spoken all over the world.
Moreover, the 29 countries that speaks French as a native language include:
|ü Belgium||ü Burkina Faso||ü Benin||ü Burundi||ü Cameroon|
|ü Democratic Republic of Congo||ü Djibouti||ü Ivory Coast||ü Chad||ü Canada|
|ü France||ü Guinea||ü Haiti||ü Luxembourg||ü Madagascar|
|ü Senegal||ü Rwanda||ü Niger||ü Monaco||ü Mali|
|ü Seychelles||ü Switzerland||ü Togo||ü Vanuatu||
- French as a widely spoken language
Some of the facts of French as a spoken languages and its origin may be traced back to certain factors. These may include:
- French was first the spoken language of England before it was eventually replaced by the English language during the 14th
- French as a language is spoken by at least 220 million people today. It stands second to English as a language that is spoken by people.
- Most of the phrases and wordings that is found in the English language today has been borrowed or derived from French. This makes up about 30% to 45% of the English vocabulary.
- Not all French dialects are alike. This means that though there are some few thousand French speakers today, their dialects are accents may be completely different to each other.
- Most ancient literature was written in French. It is the long effort of scholars and translators who has made available these works in a varied number of languages.
French as a language possess many unique features that can leave you amazed. It is a very versatile language and being spoken by a large mass of the population definitely makes it a language that one should opt for the mastery of a second language.