A multilingual content marketing strategy can prove to be a highly successful strategy if done right. Translating and localising is the first step when entering into a new market, but along with this, optimizing your marketing content right from the text, images, and channels used to suit the trends of the new market can make a huge difference. A certain marketing tactic may be successful in one market whereas in may not be suitable for another. For example. Facebook is highly popular in countries like the U.S and India but when it comes to markets like China, Weibo and WeChat dominate the market. Thus, even when it comes to optimizing your localized content, it is necessary to research popular trends or keywords for your target market. This type of strategy is more than just translating your content professionally. It requires your business to be able to really communicate with your customers taking into consideration different cultures and demographics.
When your business has the ability to reach a market beyond linguistic barriers, it will surely give you a competitive edge. When a customer can connect with your brand, their level of trust and loyalty naturally increases. Here are some ways in which translating your marketing content can help grow your business:
- Increase traffic to your business– When entering a new market, localizing yourself can attract qualitative traffic to your business that has a higher sales conversion rate. Further optimizing your online content with multilingual SEO strategies can further ensure visibility in the market.
- Connect with your customers– Most people that speak multiple languages prefer to speak in their native language and are more comfortable and attracted to online content in their native language as well. This helps brands build a relationship of trust with their consumers. Furthermore, a business that has marketing content in languages other than English shows that they cater to the needs of all their customers and are sensitive of language barriers. Thus, establishing a great connection between the brand and the consumers.
- Expand your reach– With the help of multilingual marketing efforts, a local business can easily grow into a global business. A multilingual approach can enable your business to reach a much larger demographic and attract new customers in different regions. Globalization when done right can take your business to new heights.
- Control operational costs– If you are planning to expand your business internationally, adopting a multilingual and targeted approach can ensure a better return on your investment than creating a universal marketing strategy. It can help differentiate your brand from your competitors, establish stronger connections and help drive much more traffic to your website.
Steps to ensure an effective multilingual marketing strategy
- Establish your brand’s core message– Localising requirements may vary for each country, thus while trying to adapt to every different market, your brand’s core message may be lost. It is important to stay true to your brand identity and ensure that it is enforced along with your localizing efforts. Strong branding helps consumers from different markets perceive your business as a globally reputed brand. Multilingual marketing does not mean changing what your brand stands for to suit everyone. For example, Dominoes may add products to their brand that are more suited to the targeted country’s tastes, but their core brand identity remains uniform regardless of their target market.
- Easily adaptable content– Global brands must try to create content that is easy to localize and adapt to various markets without having to alter your brand identity. This can help control your localizing budget and ensure a more efficient operational approach. Using local phrases or idioms can cause your brand mission to be perceived differently by having to entirely change your content for every new market. Thus, keeping in mind the importance of localizing while creating content is very important.
- Localization– Using professional localization services can ensure the quality of your marketing content remains intact while also reaching its target market effectively. You will need a professional service that can do the required research about appropriate terms, images, colors, and so on to create an impact while entering a new market. A professional service can ensure that your message is not lost in translation.
- Integrating your multilingual content strategy– When your brand is using multiple channels of communication, it is essential to ensure that your content and message are integrated with an omnichannel approach. This means that regardless of which platform a consumer uses to learn about your brand or reach out, they have a cohesive and integrated customer experience. Using the right keywords and SEO optimization is crucial as they usually differ for every market.
Above we have summarized an overview of the essential steps while creating a multilingual marketing strategy, but it is necessary to analyze each step in much more detail and carry out extensive research for the same. Using a professional service and enforcing your brand identity at every level can help create a marketing strategy that is effective and can help you achieve your organizational goals.
ActiveLoc is an ISO-certified translation company with highly specialized professionals that ensure quality translation and localization services that suit your needs. We support over 60+ languages and offer translation services which include linguistic quality and terminology services. With ActiveLoc, you can trust us with only the best for your business. Learn more about our services here. Get in touch with us today!